Every Veteran's Day PYX 106 lets the men and women who have served in our Nation's armed forces take over the airwaves. They'll be playing the music today as well as sharing some stories from their service.
Here's the full lineup for 2017:
10:00 AM - Carmine Frankson (Sponsored by Purple Rose Everlasting)
- US Army Veteran
- Gulf War Ear - Served originally during Desert Shield
- 5th Infantry 1990-1991, 1018th 1996-1997
11:00 AM - Jon Smith (Sponsored by Kevwilli Home Inspection)
- US Navy Veteran
- 1984-2010, served on three submaries, one submarine tender and various communications centers.
- Currently a test engineer at the Navy's integrated support facility in Pittsfield, MA.
12:00 PM - Tony and Misty Strauss (Sponsored by Fitzgerald Funeral Home)
- Army and Army Air National Guard
- 1983-2011: 1st SGT. Tony Strauss; Army Ranger for four years. Activated for Desert Storm in 1991 and deployed in Iraq in 2005. Also served on the Saratoga Springs Police Force.
- 1984-2015: 1st SGT. Misty Strauss joined NY Army Air National Guard as a combat medic then transferred to NY Air National Guard. Deployd to Antartica and Greenland. Also deployed to Southwest Asia for 5 months.
- The couple has four children, one who will be entering the military as an MP.
1:00 PM - Colin Newell (Sponsored by Broadalbin Manufacturing)
- US Army
- 2009-2014: Deployed to Afghanistan, working with special forces units in village stability operations, building schools and doctors offices/clinics, as well as training local police and militia to fight against the Taliban in the area.
2:00 PM - Jason Kirkman (Sponsored by TCT Federal Credit Union)
- NY Army National Guard
- 1996-2013: CBRN Warefare Operations Specialist. Served in Iraq in 2004 and Afghanistan in 2007-2008.
- Currently a volunteer firefighter with Cairo Hose Company and EMTB for Durham Ambulance.
- His family also has a paranormal investigation business
3:00 PM - Ginny Visker (Sponsored by Fourth Generation Awning)
- US Army
- 1978-1980: Served during the Carter Administration in a medical brigade that supported the 82nd in Fort Bragg, NC.
- Ginny was among the first group of women to go into the service and be called soliders and not WACS (Woman Army Corps).
- One of the units was battlefield clearing and during her time had to go to South America and clean up the mass suicide by Jim Jones the cult leader.
- Ginny is now an RN at Albany Medical Center.
4:00 PM - Joe Miceli (Sponsored by Replay Video Games)
- US Navy
- 1982-2002: Served on the Battleship Missouri BB-63 and the US Cole DDG-67.
- Joe now works at General Electric.
5:00 PM - "Gus" Kappler (Sponsored by Askus Consulting)
- 1970 Vietnam 85th Evac Trauma Surgeon
- Author of the book "Welcome Home From Vietnam...Finally (A Vietnam Trauma Surgeon's Memoir)"
6:00 PM - Peter Parker (Sponsored by Donna Lavigne Insurance Agency)
- US Army
- 2007-2009 Served as Military Police. Deployed 2008 US Forces Korea.